Comitti of London have been makers of the finest quality clocks and barometers for over 150 years. Many of the styles made in the early days continue to be available today, they are recognised as English classics and the originals sought after as valuable antiques. The company continues to this day, as a family run business, designing and making traditional and contemporary pieces. A superb contemporary version of The Navigator based on the world’s first marine chronometer created by John Harrison.
- The movement is handmade from solid brass and plated in 24 carat gold.
- The dial has an enamel finish and the time is indicated by fine Breguet hands.
- The seconds are indicated by the scale above the clock face.
- The timepiece is mounted to a Walnut base with exquisite burr walnut veneers, key drawer, hand rubbed patina and protected by a crystal glass canopy with a Gold plated frame.
- The fusee movement has an 8 day power reserve.
- The clock is numbered and available with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- The clock is supplied with a copy of Dava Sobel’s book Longitude that reveals the story of John Harrison’s life.
- Superb solid brass 24 carat gold plated movement Fusee mechanism and maintaining power to improve accuracy
- Eight day power reserve
- Silver plated chapters with Roman and Arabic numerals and fine Breguet hands to indicate the time and passing seconds
- Solid mahogany hand polished base with fine curl veneers and key drawer
- Crystal glass mitred canopy to protect the movement
- Serial numbered movement with a Certificate of Authenticity Dava Sobel’s book ‘Longitude’ is included with each timepiece
- The Navigator is protected by a mahogany finish presentation travel case
- Dimensions: 53cm High x 34cm Wide x 25cm Deep.
If you have any questions regarding this product, please click below to call us Free