A beautifully hand-crafted Cuckoo Clock by Robert Herr from Germany. The carving is very detailed and deeply carved.
- The carving is very detailed and deeply carved.
- The wooden cuckoo calls the hour on the hour and once every half hour, moving its wings.
- After the call, one of the two melodies sounds on the hour with 36 voices. The dance couples dressed in traditional costumes turn on the balcony.
- The dial, numerals and hands are also made of wood.
- The weights are encased in beautiful hand-turned wooden housings.
- The chains and other visible metal parts are darkly burnished.
- This model has a manual night shutdown.
- The watch is treated with black antique wax.
- All carvings are hand-signed and made by one person.
- Unique Swiss Music box by Reuge with 36 notes; „Hoch Badnerland and Tief im Hotzenwald“.
„High Badnerland“ is the song of Baden. The Badnerlied is the regional anthem of the southwestern German region of Baden so also for the Black Forest Area.
„Deep in the Hotzenwald” is a famous folk song from the Hotzenwald, and the Hotzenwald is a landscape and region in the southern Black Forest in the district of Waldshut.
In the workshop: